3. With 11 acres of beautiful gardens surrounding the medieval & Tudor house of Penshurst Place, couples looking to marry here will find a venue unlike that of any other. Once home to King Henry VIII and showcasing breath-taking views across the Weald of Kent countryside, Penshurst Place welcomes weddings throughout the year.
Nestled in the heart of the peaceful village of Penshurst, in an area of unspoiled countryside in west Kent, lies an enchanting, authentic medieval manor house. Penshurst Place is quintessentially English – romantic, classic and elegant with a rural feel. For nearly seven centuries this characterful home has played host to lavish entertaining, chivalrous acts and notable historic events. Today Penshurst Place, with its beautiful unique rooms, glorious gardens and exquisite hospitality, opens its doors to couples wishing to celebrate the start of their married lives together. We understand that every couple is unique and every wedding individual. Our team of knowledgeable and attentive wedding co-ordinators can offer as much, or as little, guidance and inspiration as you require to make planning your wedding smooth, stress-free and exciting. Drawing on extensive experience, we handpick the very best suppliers for our list of trusted partners to cover every detail. With three impressive banqueting rooms of varying sizes and atmosphere, all under one roof, the beauty of Penshurst Place lies in its flexibility to host a more intimate gathering for a less formal occasion or a large, lavish celebration to amaze and delight your friends and family. We offer a selection of gorgeously appointed locations to perfectly match your requirements.
- Penshurst Place is home to one of the oldest surviving medieval halls in Britain, having been completed in 1341.
- Having been licensed for ceremonies for over 35 years, Penshurst Place has a wealth of experience in bringing your wedding dreams to fruition.
- Once owned by King Henry VIII, Penshurst Place has been the ancestral home of the Sidney family since 1552, making it one of the oldest family-owned country estates in England.
- Supported by an in-house dining team which boasts michellen starred chefs as its patrons, wedding catering at Penshurst Place is provided at the highest quality. Each couple will benefit from a tasting meeting with their event organiser to try their menus and wine choices, absolutely free.
- With three interior banqueting rooms to use, plus a private outdoor courtyard and the option of a marquee, weddings at Penshurst Place are truly flexible.
- Surrounded by 11 acres of beautiful formal gardens, and overlooked by the Weald of Kent countryside, Penshurst Place is a fantastic location to capture truly unique wedding photography.
Penshurst Place & Gardens is located just 5 miles from nearby Tunbridge Wells, and 4 miles from Tonbridge. By car Penshurst can be reached from the London Boroughs in just 30 - 40 minutes with easy access from the M25 and A21.
“Everyone at Penshurst made our wedding day the most special day. From the very beginning they put so much effort and care into showing us around the venue and explaining all the options. It was decided then and there that we wanted this venue. They orchestrated our wedding to such high levels of perfection and the team were more like family than event planners. Every guest commented on the amazing venue and wonderful service.”
Mr and Mrs C
“Our reception at Penshurst Place was beyond anything we ever dreamed of. It was the 2nd venue we viewed & after then nothing else compared. The venue is stunning and speaks for itself, the gardens beautiful. The staff from our 1st meeting were beyond helpful. I felt like I was only ever the only bride they were talking to. They were ever so helpful, friendly & attentive on the day, we couldn’t have asked anything more from them & can’t thank them enough.”
Mr & Mrs W
“Dear Nikki, we just wanted to say again thank you so much for all your help in such a wonderful day. The day at Penshurst was so much more than we imagined from the stunning building itself, the gardens, the food, the weather – it was all perfect! You made the whole process of planning and the day itself so easy and stress free and we knew it would all go perfectly with you managing it! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and George and we thank you for all your hard work.”
Mr & Mrs B
“Just a quick note to say THANK YOU for all your hard work on Saturday and in the lead up. We had such a magnificent time and it was well beyond our expectations! Everything went so smoothly and looked stunning. We were exceptionally pleased with the venue, staff and support we received - particularly Caroline who was so helpful in the lead up and on the day. We wish we could do it all again!”
Mr & Mrs Q
“Thank you for a wonderful day and all the hard work and helpfulness by both the Penshurst and Kudos staff. The weather was delightful and so were the staff and food.”
Mr & Mrs W
Both of us enjoyed every aspect of the day and wouldn't hesitate recommending the venue and facilities to others. A huge thanks to the whole team at Penshurst Place for making our civil wedding day so special
Mr & Mrs S
Penshurt Place, and in particular Nikki and Laura, were absolutely brilliant, turning around our wedding in two weeks when our previous venue fell through due to Covid restrictions. They were amazing, responding quickly to our messages, being incredibly accommodating (even meeting us at 8am on the Tuesday before the wedding to go over everything), and ensuring that despite all the Covid restrictions, it was a special day and still felt like a wedding. On the day the staff were incredibly professional, expertly balancing complying with the new rules and making it feel like a wedding. They all helped ensure we had a wonderful day. The venue itself is beautiful, with gorgeous gardens. We could not have picked a better venue and would highly recommend them
Mr & Mrs T
It was a lovely day and you all made it so wonderful, especially due to the ever changing Covid situation
Mr & Mrs M