The Talbot, Ripley, is one of Britain’s finest historic coaching inns and has recently been renovated to an exceptional standard. Successfully combining its original features with a spectacular, contemporary new look, this outstanding 15th century inn now offers sensational food, stylish bedrooms and stunning events space perfect for smaller, more intimate weddings up to 150 guests. With its quirky characteristics, original oak beams and inglenook fireplaces, the Talbot Inn truly sends you back to an age of sophisticated romance. For centuries, this traditional coaching inn has played its part in history and is said to have provided the stage for Lord Nelson and Lady Hamilton’s love affair to blossom in 1798, making it a wonderful choice for wedding ceremonies and receptions. At The Talbot we believe your special day should be as unique as you are, which is why we don’t have a set package, our menu’s and drinks packages mean that you can tailor make your wedding according to your taste and budget.
With its quirky characteristics, original oak beams and inglenook fireplaces, the Talbot truly sends you back to an age of sophisticated romance. For centuries, this traditional coaching inn has played its part in history and is said to have provided the stage for Lord Nelson and Lady Hamilton’s love affair to blossom in 1798, making it a wonderful choice for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Our Bridal Suite was once the regular bedroom chosen by Lord Nelson on his journeys from London to Portsmouth, aptly named ‘The Trafalgar’, this charming room comes complete with a 4 poster bed and bags of character! Our sun terrace overlooking the garden is the perfect place for drinks receptions, with the Wisley Room accommodating up to 80 guests for a seated wedding breakfast and up to 150 guests for an evening reception and the Surrey Barns which can host ceremonies for up to 70 seated guests, if it's an intimate day you're looking for then The Talbot will be perfect for you. The Talbot is famous for its fantastic wedding reviews and is guaranteed to add the ‘wow factor’ to your wedding!
- Grounds available for outdoor drinks receptions, BBQ's and wedding photos-included in venue hire
- 43 stylish bedrooms, including 9 original rooms in the Coaching Inn with wonderful character and original features
- The Wisley Room - Self-contained function suite for up to 150 guests
- Bridal Suite included on night of your wedding when you celebrate your whole day with us
- The Garden Room that overlooks the terrace and gardens is perfect for smaller wedding breakfasts
- The Surrey Barn - Beautiful 15th Century barn ideal for ceremonies, indoor arrival drinks, evening food & extra space.
- Licenced for civil ceremonies - from 10 - 120 guests
The Talbot is conveniently located just 2 miles from the M25 and 1 mile from the A3. It is just 10 minutes from Woking train station and just a 20 minute drive from London Heathrow.