The Priests House
The Priests House lies within the intimate and unmatched beauty of the Yorkshire Dales, standing within the presence of the majestic 12th-century ruins of Barden Tower. We are proud to have been a part of hundreds of couples “best days”, and we would be delighted to be a part of yours.
Our lovingly and authentically restored Old Chapel is perfect for holding your ceremony, with its large, grand windows, original features and stone walls. For wedding breakfasts of thirty-two or more, The Old Chapel serves as a stunning setting for your meal. Meanwhile, for smaller parties, the Oak Room is an ideal and intimate room for your wedding breakfast following the ceremony in the Chapel. With log fires, original wooden beams and historical artifacts, the Oak Room provides a setting full of character and medieval-era charm. As we are situated in the Wharfedale Valley, fabulous views surround the entire venue. Outside of the Chapel, we have a courtyard, lawn and orchard with outside seating, which all serves as a perfect place to enjoy the tranquil setting. On your day, these will all be exclusive for you and your guests only shared with our family of ducks, six pheasants and the robin who have made our venue their home! Here at The Priests House we can confidently promise a day to remember including: - a stunning backdrop to truly capture just how magic your day is. - delicious food courtesy of our in-house catering team (warning – please come hungry!). - a service team that is personable, professional and efficient. We take pride in the fact that we foster an environment whereby our couples can focus on themselves and their guests, and not the wedding details. - exclusive use of our immaculately maintained grounds and venue, including both The Priests House and The Old Chapel. - the attention to detail and passion that you would expect – we truly care and take to heart that your day exceeds everything that you had imagined. - access to a large catalogue of wedding decorations, from rustic to traditional wedding fayre free of charge. In addition, we also have an award-winning in-house floristry service courtesy of our business owner, Debbie. We would love to hear from you about how we can help make your big day happen. Please read through our brochure and we hope to hear from you soon!
- There is amble accommodation located nearby. We also have our own - The Barn at Barden - which sleeps up to 24.
- We have a range of decorations available from our (creatively named) "Wedding Shed".
- The "Old Chapel" beneath the House was refurbished in 2016 and is now a stunning venue for a ceremony and reception for up to 77 people. Brand new toilet facilities were installed in 2019.
- We are located only 15 minutes away from Skipton and within easy reach from Ilkley and Harrogate.
- The whole site is grade 1 listed and is one of the most historical sites in Yorkshire. The oldest part, Barden Tower, dates back to the 12th-century.
Located adjacent to the historic ruin of Barden Tower between Burnsall and Bolton Abbey. It offers fabulous views up and down the Wharfedale valley.