Timelessly elegant, a unique wedding venue with a personal touch.
Shuttleworth, located in Old Warden, is one of Bedfordshire’s best kept secrets. The venue offers three breath taking settings for your wedding – a magnificent house with period rooms, a romantic picturesque Swiss Garden and an aircraft hangar with a backdrop of vintage aircraft and Edwardian vehicles. Civil ceremonies and post-ceremony receptions are available all year round. Whether you are planning a wedding which is peaceful and intimate or formal and grand, Shuttleworth has a selection of exquisite spaces for every occasion. Bespoke packages are available, tailored to your personal requirements. To discuss your perfect day in more detail please call our weddings department on 01767 627922 or email email@example.com.
- The House was built by Joseph Shuttleworth who bought the Old Warden Estate in 1872 and commissioned Henry Clutton, the prominent Victorian architect, to design The House based on Gawthorpe Hall in Lancashire.
- The House is situated in 425 acres of beautiful parkland, providing stunning photographic opportunities.
- Shuttleworth’s Hangar 3, located in the aerodrome, transforms to an attractive location for wedding receptions. Usually home to Richard Shuttleworth’s DH60X Moth and Comper Swift aircraft, the hangar is a firm favourite with aviation enthusiasts. The space is flexible enough to accommodate up to 120 seated guests, with room for a dance area and licenced bar.
- The nine-acre Swiss Garden was created in the 1820s by Lord Ongley. It’s highly individual late Regency style sets it apart from other English gardens in this period of landscape design.
- By the 1870s, the Shuttleworth family owned the estate and embellished the Swiss Garden with Victorian flourishes. Features include floral arches spanning lawns and a stately Broadwalk, serpentine paths, ponds with wrought iron bridges leading to a series of islands, an impressive Grotto & Fernery and the charming Swiss Cottage, both of which are licenced for wedding ceremonies.
- Bespoke packages are available, tailored to the size of your special occasion. Our dedicated and experienced wedding team can guide you smoothly through to your special day. They will be there with you at every step of the way, advising and supporting you to ensure that your day is exactly as you imagine.
Old Warden Park, Near Biggleswade, SG18 9EA