3. With 11 acres of beautiful gardens surrounding the medieval & Tudor house of Penshurst Place, couples looking to marry here will find a venue unlike that of any other. Once home to King Henry VIII and showcasing breath-taking views across the Weald of Kent countryside, Penshurst Place welcomes weddings throughout the year.
Nestled in the heart of the peaceful village of Penshurst, in an area of unspoiled countryside in west Kent, lies an enchanting, authentic medieval manor house. Penshurst Place is quintessentially English – romantic, classic and elegant with a rural feel. For nearly seven centuries this characterful home has played host to lavish entertaining, chivalrous acts and notable historic events. Today Penshurst Place, with its beautiful unique rooms, glorious gardens and exquisite hospitality, opens its doors to couples wishing to celebrate the start of their married lives together. We understand that every couple is unique and every wedding individual. Our team of knowledgeable and attentive wedding co-ordinators can offer as much, or as little, guidance and inspiration as you require to make planning your wedding smooth, stress-free and exciting. Drawing on extensive experience, we handpick the very best suppliers for our list of trusted partners to cover every detail. With three impressive banqueting rooms of varying sizes and atmosphere, all under one roof, the beauty of Penshurst Place lies in its flexibility to host a more intimate gathering for a less formal occasion or a large, lavish celebration to amaze and delight your friends and family. We offer a selection of gorgeously appointed locations to perfectly match your requirements.
- Penshurst Place is home to one of the oldest surviving medieval halls in Britain, having been completed in 1341.
- Having been licensed for ceremonies for over 35 years, Penshurst Place has a wealth of experience in bringing your wedding dreams to fruition.
- Once owned by King Henry VIII, Penshurst Place has been the ancestral home of the Sidney family since 1552, making it one of the oldest family-owned country estates in England.
- Supported by an in-house dining team which boasts michellen starred chefs as its patrons, wedding catering at Penshurst Place is provided at the highest quality. Each couple will benefit from a tasting meeting with their event organiser to try their menus and wine choices, absolutely free.
- With three interior banqueting rooms to use, plus a private outdoor courtyard and the option of a marquee, weddings at Penshurst Place are truly flexible.
- Surrounded by 11 acres of beautiful formal gardens, and overlooked by the Weald of Kent countryside, Penshurst Place is a fantastic location to capture truly unique wedding photography.
Penshurst Place & Gardens is located just 5 miles from nearby Tunbridge Wells, and 4 miles from Tonbridge. By car Penshurst can be reached from the London Boroughs in just 30 - 40 minutes with easy access from the M25 and A21.