Overlooking the historic crafting town of Farnham and nestled amongst five acres of iconic grounds Farnham Castle, Farnham in Surrey continues its 900-year legacy of hosting superior weddings and events.
Perfectly positioned at the crown of Castle Street, Farnham Castle boasts incredible photographic opportunities at a one of the most unique castle venues in Southern England. Located between the North and South Downs and just an hour from central London, lies an exceptional, romantic and elegant venue, waiting to be discovered. Here at Farnham Castle, you will find a passionate team of world-class chefs who will create outstanding modern British cuisine for your wedding day, inspired by our Castle Kitchen Gardens. Inside the castle, The Great Hall features a grand fireplace and magnificent gilt framed portraits is a stunning setting for your seated dining and later evening celebrations. The wooden floor, beautiful stained-glass windows and soft neutral colour scheme make The Great Hall a spectacular space to truly impress your guests. The Lantern Hall dates to Norman times and is perfect for your civil ceremony. A simple and serene setting with impressive stone arches, natural wood floor and beautiful lancet windows that allow the natural light to filter through, creating a truly romantic setting for exchanging your vows. Farnham Castle has two beautiful chapels for couples that would like a Church of England marriage service. The Norman Chapel offers traditional and simple features with a wooden floor and grand stone arch, whilst The Bishops Chapel is perfect for a more intimate ceremony with stunning white walls and architectural design reflecting the rich history of the Castle.
- • Exclusive use of The Gatehouse for the bridal party on the morning of the wedding with elegant lounge, full length mirrors and 3 dressing rooms.
- • Complimentary honeymoon suite for the bride and groom on their wedding night
- • The Great Hall accommodates up to 150 guests for seated dining and an additional 100 guests for the evening reception
- • The Norman Chapel for up to 80 guests for Church of England Marriage Ceremonies
- • The Lantern Hall is licensed for civil ceremonies for up to 150 guests
- • Farnham Castle was founded in 1138 by Henry of Blois, Bishop of Winchester and brother of King Stephen.
- • In medieval times the diocese of Winchester was the richest in England, and Farnham was a favourite residence of the bishops.
- • King John, King Henry v111 to Elizabeth 1 and Queen Victoria, Farnham Castle has provided royal pleasure for centuries.
Farnham Castle, Castle Street, Farnham, Surrey GU9 0AG Just an hour from London, on the Surrey and Hampshire border, Farnham Castle is conveniently located and easy to reach. Situated just off the A31 and A325 and ten miles south of the M3 motorway (Junction 4), there is easy access to the A3, M25 and national motorway network. M3 from London Exit the M3 at Jct 4 and follow the A331 towards Guildford/Farnham for 11.5 miles approx. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the A31 slip road to Winchester/Farnham. Merge onto Guildford Rd/A31. At Shepherd and Flock Roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Guildford Rd/A325. Continue to follow A325 for 1.7 miles approx, then turn left onto St Cross Rd. Turn left onto Lower S View. Turn right onto Upper S View. Turn left onto High Park Rd. Continue onto Park Row. Turn right onto Castle St/A287. The Castle will be on your right after 0.4 miles approx. M3 from the South Coast Exit the M3 at Jct 5 and follow the A287 for 6.8 miles approx. Then turn right onto Folly Hill/A287. The Castle will be on your left after 1.3 miles approx. On Arrival at Farnham Castle Complimentary onsite parking. To access the Castle, enter the Inner Courtyard on foot through the Tudor archway. Reception is through the Main Door clearly signposted.